Some people think of Halloween as a scary time of year, and if you eat too many sweets, it very well could end up that way. However, even with all the ghouls and goblins running amok, there is one group of heroes out there standing up for us, to protect us from any harm that may come our way, and to ensure we will be able to keep on chewing our way through the season for many more Halloweens to come. Those selfless protectors of the teeth are our dentists of course. They offer up the following tips for a successful and safe Halloween season:
– Get regular check-ups at your dental office.
– Use an oral cleaning product after eating, to limit the damage of harmful acids.
– Limit intake of bread, cereal, and chips, which speed up plaque formation.
– Brush, floss, and use mouthwash daily.
– Eat nutritious and well-balanced meals from the five main food groups.
– Avoid recreational drugs, which cause mouth dryness and promote tooth decay.
– Brush your tongue, along with your teeth, to help prevent bad breath.
– Drink plenty of water, which can help with tooth decay.
– Limit between-meal snacks, which can increase tooth decay.
– Avoid chewing tobacco and smoking.
If you have any concerns about what to bite or not bite this season, or to schedule an appointment, please call Wynatte Chu, DDS at 347-868-6546 to talk to a member of our team. Call us, or stop by our office in New York, New York, and we will make sure your stay with us is spooktacular!